Being single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you have to mope around the house feeling sad and crying into your chocolates all night. Embrace your singleness and flip this day to take some time out for yourself and enjoy who you are. If you’re unattached on this special day of luuuv, celebrate as a party of one or squad up with your fellow single gal pals and try the following:
- Book a spa day. Take a half day at work and go get a facial, mani/pedi, massage, and whatever else is on your self-care list. You’ll feel like a luxurious, glowy goddess and be relaxed to the max once you’re done.
- Have an adult sleepover (complete with wine, nibbles, a cheesy dance party + mini makeovers) with your other single girlfriends. Who cares that you may have work in the morning? You won’t feel alone, and it’ll remind you of your college years (minus the bad hangover).
- Enjoy a Rom-Com movie binge fest. I mean, this is why chick flicks were made, right? Crazy Stupid Love, The Holiday, How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days, My Best Friend’s Wedding, Sixteen Candles and The Wedding Singer are classics that are cheesy but won’t have you all in your feelings. Rom-Coms not your thing? A SATC Marathon is a great alternative. Don’t forget the popcorn + candy!
- Enjoy a special GNO. Not in love but still want to put on a hot outfit and go out? Grab your girls, get dressed up and pick a new cocktail bar or club to hit. Make a pact to keep it cool with the guys and just hang with your girls all night.
- Have a mini shopping spree at some of your favorite boutiques and stores. Stores will usually be having a sale because of the holiday, and if you’re solo shopping, you can do all in peace without rushing or fighting for a fitting room with your friends.
- Have an ultimate pampering night in. Treat Yo’ self! Bring home some flowers, break out your favorite bubbles and bath salts and enjoy a little champagne and mood music while you chill in the tub. Then, enjoy a delicious meal from one of your favorite restaurants (thanks Uber Eats!). Ending your evening this way means you can relax a little more at home and you don’t have to sit and watch those couples that look depressed as hell together while you eat (you KNOW you’ve seen them).
Whatever you do, have some fun and don’t let the holiday get you down. Besides, all Valentine’s Day candy will be 50% off the day after, so you’ll have something sweet to look forward to!